Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding it regarding any information we may collect from you across our website and other sites we own and operate.
1. Information we collect
When you visit our website, EV + servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser credentials, visited pages, the time and date of your interactions, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique identifiers, device settings, and geo-location parameters. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking your device manufacturer or software provider’s policies to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/Mailing address
- Work address
- Payment information
- Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly, and transparently. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. With that said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another party.
- Collection and Use of information
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website;
- to allow you to access and use our website, associated applications, and related social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications, and related social media platforms;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers to enable them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors, and related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
- International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that appropriate safeguards will protect any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA. For example, by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission or binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction. That might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or another easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us regarding any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out our investigation’s outcome and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority concerning your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), and please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
- Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who receive us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
- Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over those sites’ content and policies and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
- Changes to this policy
This policy is effective as of 18 February 2020.