EV portable charging cable Type 1, to schuko 5 m with controlbox and 16A-fixed amps. A portable and easy charging solution for when you are traveling or you are away from a traditional charging station. This cable allows you to charge your EV/PHEV that has Type 1 port from main household/public sockets. This cable has fixed 16 Amperes therefore, amperes are not adjustable.
How to use EV portable charging cable Type 1 to schuko:
We recommend the following steps to connect the cable:
- Plug EV portable charging cable with Schuko end to the socket.
2. Plug in the Type 1 end of the cable to the car’s charging socket
3. After the cable has clicked in place you are ready for the charge.
When you finish with the charge, disconnect the vehicle side first and then unplug the socket. Always remove the charging cable from the socket when not in use.
How to store:
This product is the lifeline of your electric vehicle and is important to keep it protected. Store the cable in a dry place preferably a storage bag. Moisture in the contacts will result in the cable not working. If this happens, place the cable in a warm and dry place for 24 hours. Avoid to leave the cable outside where the sun, wind, dust and rain can get to it. Dust and dirt will result in the cable not charging. For longevity, ensure that your cable is not twisted or excessively bent during the storage.
The product is very easy to use and store. The cable is designed for both outdoor and indoor charging and it has IP66 (Ingress Protection). This means that it has protection from dust and splash of water from any direction.
- Always check the cable and the contacts for damage and contamination before using them.
- Never use a damaged product, vehicle inlet, plug or controllbox for charging.
- Never use contacts that are dirty or damp.
- Only connect the cable to vehicle inlets and infrastructure socket outlets that are protected against water, moisture and liquids.
- There are electric vehicles that can be started with the cable connected. Always make sure to disconnect it before driving away.
- If the connectors or control box is smoking or melting, never touch it. If possible, stop the charging process. Shut off the miniature circuit breaker switch from the power distribution cabinet. Plug it out from the mains socket immediately.
- Make sure that the cable is out of the reach of children. Only persons with a valid driver’s license for motor vehicles can use it.