There are a number of great benefits to electric vehicles (EVs) over conventional petrol/diesel cars.
- No petrol/diesel: Electric cars are entirely charged by electricity. Driving fuel based cars can burn a hole in your pocket as prices of fuel have gone all-time high. With electric cars, you can save 2000 € – 4000 € on petrol/diesel each year. Though electricity isn’t free, an electric car is far cheaper to run.
- Savings: Owners of an EV have the advantage of much lower running costs. A battery electric vehicle (BEV) has a lot less moving parts than a conventional petrol/diesel car. There are relatively little servicing and no expensive exhaust systems, starter motors, fuel injection systems, radiators and many other parts that aren’t needed in an EV.
- No Emissions: Electric cars are 100% eco-friendly as they run on electrically powered engines. Therefore does not emit toxic gases or smoke in the environment as it runs on clean energy source. By choosing to drive an EV you are helping to reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions.
- Popularity: EV’s are growing in popularity. With popularity comes all new types of cars to much your preferences and needs.
- Safe to Drive: Recent findings have shown that several EV features can improve safety. EVs tend to have a lower centre of gravity that makes them less likely to roll over. They can also have a lower risk for major fires or explosions and the body construction and durability of EVs may make them safer in a collision.
- Low Maintenance: EVs use regenerative braking to decelerate the car and in the process transfer energy to the battery that can be used to accelerate the car. Therefore, regenerative braking leads to lower operating costs as battery power is generated while driving. The electric motor has fewer parts which mean there is a smaller chance of a part breaking and requiring replacement. The replacement cost of EV batteries is relatively high, but the rate of battery degradation is slow, plus most car manufacturers warrant EV batteries for around 8 years.
- Reduced Pollution: By choosing to drive an EV you are helping to reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions. Since the environmental impact of an electric car is zero, you’re reducing your carbon footprint and positively affecting the environment.
EV Charge + is here to be your plus to your charging experience. Choose the right EV charging station for your electric car and make sure you always ready to go!